There’s a lot to love about living in western North Carolina. From the mile-high mountain peaks to the rivers and creeks that crisscross throughout the valleys, there is no shortage of beautiful scenery. What might otherwise be a mundane commute to work Is a beautiful drive in the mountains for Asheville residents. For some metropolitan areas driving can feel like a chore, but in Buncombe, Henderson, and surrounding counties, it is delightful.
However, there is no perfect place to drive, and even in western North Carolina, there are hazards that can impact your vehicle. Spring and summer thunderstorms sometimes pack dangerous heavy rain wind and hail. If you can avoid those things, that is the best practice for your vehicle; however, if you are caught unaware, if you are caught unaware and experience damage, The DentFX can help.
What to do About Hail Damage in Western North Carolina
The best plan for hail damage is to avoid it all together if possible. Some tips for avoiding hail include:
- Follow local meteorologist on television, radio, and social media so that you know when hail is in the forecast.
- Some storm systems are more likely to spawn cells capable of producing hail, so knowing when to expect those type of thunderstorms can go a long way toward avoiding vehicle repairs.
- If possible, avoid driving during the late afternoon and early evening when storms are most likely to occur.
- Park your vehicle in a garage or under a carport when strong storms are expected. This will protect your car from large hail as well as wind-driven debris.
- Download apps to your smartphone and tablet that will alert you to changing weather conditions.
- On your route, research places where you might pull over in case a thunderstorm begins producing hail.
- Be prepared to pull over even if you cannot park under shelter. It is better to be stopped than driving while hail is falling.
Sometimes being caught in a hailstorm is unavoidable. If your vehicle is dented and dinged from large hail, The DentFX is here to help. We provide paintless dent and ding repair services throughout the Asheville area and western North Carolina. Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) has the special ability to salvage the factory finish on your car at a fraction of the cost (usually 50%) of other methods. Additionally, we will come to you while you are working or running errands. Contact us for a free estimate and your hail damage repair needs.